On air Monday 21.05.18 from 16h till 18h – OPEN FOR PUBLIC
Mauro Pawlowski: The Unclassifiable Musician-with-the-Thousand-Faces.
1 What was the first sound you remember?
I don’t know. But I do remember being captivated by music on the radio when I was 3 or 4 years.
2 And the first sound that you recognized as music, never to leave your heart/head again?
I will forever love glamrock from the likes of Slade, The Sweet, T. Rex, early Bowie, ELO, etc. I’m from 1971, so it’s the music of my childhood. I’m still a fan.
3 What did you want to become as a kid?
Elton John with a guitar. I’ve got pictures to prove it.
4 Who do you look up to and why?
Maniacs like James Brown, Miles Davis, Mark E. Smith et al. These types are my masters.
But I’m too much at ease myself to be as radical as them.
5 Who should play you in the movie about your life?
A Morrocan kid once mistook me for Gunther Levi, so there you go.
6 What annoys you the most? About others? About yourself?
Others: boring talk. Myself: revealing talk.
7 Choose one superpower if you were a comic book hero?
8 What is your trademark joke or trick?
‘I didn’t drink one drop of alcohol between my mid-teens and late twenties. So I don’t remember anything from that period’. I’m usually quite drunk when I say it.
9 Did video really kill the radio star?
No, only partly.
10 Who are you favorite table guests, dead and/or alive?
Eddie Van Halen, Halle Berry, Giordano Bruno, Joni Mitchell and Cleopatra.
11 Where would you rather be right now?
Not too far from my kids anyway, so I’m fine.
12 How close did you ever come to death?
(adopts gloomy voice) We’re already dead.
13 What is the craziest thing you ever saw on the internet?
The news. Every fucking day.
14 Do you dance to your own music? Why (not)?
When I perform on stage I continuously do something resembling a dance.
15 How often do you dance? Where and when?
You know that drunken dad who’s always first on the dancefloor, sacrifying his cool as a Jesus of awkward, so the rest can follow shamelessly? That’s me. I guess it’s my Polish side.
16 Embrace Today! But what genuinely used to be better back in the days?
Maybe the sound of classic rock albums.
17 What is your biggest achievement?
Keeping a cool head in showbiz.
18 What was your most shameful moment?
I can be verbally harsh to people. Like really nasty. Not so cool headwise.
19 Are we alone in the universe?
Right now, yes.
20 Which habit do you want to kick?
21 What should they play at your funeral?
‘Return to Sender’ by Elvis Presley, immediately followed by Mahavishnu Orchestra’s ‘Meeting of the Spirits’, full blast!
- Black Dice - Endless Happiness
- Heldon - Stand By
- Gino Vanelli - Love Me Now
- Erdenklang - Irden
- Sprung Aus Den Wolken - A-i Akcamla
- Uku Kuut - Mayday
- Sasha - Lettre au chef de gare de la tour carol
- Sun City Girls - Caravan
- James Last - Mr. Giant Man
- Arthur Doyle - Red Bird
- Jimmy Smack - Hating Life
- Prince - Take Me With You
- Appenzeller - S'Rütibueb - Zäuerli
- Allan Holdsworth - Atavachron
- Journey - Frontiers
- Fatima Al Qadiri - Nguzunguzu Megamix
- Todd Rundgren - Useless Begging
- The Flashback Band - The Hots
- Leroy Jenkins - Space Minds, New Worlds, Survival of Amerika
- African Head Charge - Throw It Away
- Dome - BA DR
- Swell Maps - Midget Submarines
- Skeeter Davis - There's a Fool Born Every Minute
- Roland Kirk - It's a Grand Night for Swimming
- François Glorieux - Effects
- Lucio Battisti - La Canzona Della Terra
- Patty Pravo - La Mela In Tasca
- Sortilège - Civilisation Perdue
- Zartong - Toy Narguiz
- Death in June - Crush My Love
- Karel Goeyvaerts - Ach Golgatha
- Richard Devine - Asect:Disect
- King Crimson - Elephant Talk
- Jodel Du Muotatal - Deux Jüüzli
- The Carpenters - Bless The Beasts and The Children
- Paul Celan - Gedichte und Prosa