On air : Friday 27.04 from 18h till 20h
Around the block in the Antwerp nightlife scenery for quite some time now.
Flying Saucers Are Real / B a g g e r / From Italo 2 Disco / whatever / hell yes mes / mes is more / MESSIAS is here .
1. What was the first sound you remember?
When i should be asleep in bed at my grandparents , the television playing downstairs , a
lonely car passing by and these mesmerising moving dots of the headlights peeking through the roller blinds , mooing cows , the neighbor’s peacock.
2. And the first sound that you recognized as music, never to leave your heart/head again?
Sweet People — Quand Les Oiseaux Chantaient. This cheesy easy listening tune with whistling birds and two times a cuckoo . I remember a show on dutch television with this clown wandering around in the woods and this particular song that marked the end of the daily program .
3. What did you want to become as a kid?
F16 pilot .
4. Who do you look up to and why?
Ton and Gemma Van de Ven. The parents of my best buddy / brother from another mother / partner in crime / Bassie / may he rest in peace .
5. Who should play you in the movie about your life?
Lexington Steele .
6. What annoys you the most?
About others? Good advice. About yourself? Never taking any advice from anybody .
7. Choose one superpower if you were a comic book hero?
Live forever .
8. What is your trademark joke or trick?
9. Did video really kill the radio star?
Stop living in the past .
10. Who are you favorite table guests, dead and/or alive?
Audrey Horne at One Eyed Jacks .
11. Where would you rather be right now?
Bora Bora , French Polynesia .
12. How close did you ever come to death?
Being utterly reckless . Too close . Too many times . Crossing streets without watching as a small boy . Jumping from balcony to balcony as a teenager . Crashing a motorcycle without a helmet as young adult. Why am i still alive ? And how come i never broke one bone in my entire body ?
13. What is the craziest thing you ever saw on the internet?
14. Do you dance to your own music? Why (not)?
14 How often do you dance? Where and when?
In the kitchen with my baby girl . Bumbabaloe — het circus komt eraan — Bumbabelie — waar is die kleine clown ? Bumbabelaa — wat is zijn naam? Bumba — Bumbaaaaaa
15. Embrace Today! But what genuinely used to be better back in the days?
16. What is your biggest achievement?
Being happy with the life i lead at this very moment. Proud father. Proud teacher.
17. What was your most shameful moment?
Being so hammered thinking the front seat of my moms car was the toilet.
18. Are we alone in the universe?
I know i am .
19. Which habit do you want to kick?
Eating meat .
20. What should they play at your funeral?
Pink Floyd — Shine On You Crazy Diamond
- talking heads — this must be the place (psychemagic naive edit)
- yoko one — walking on thin ice
- was not was — wheel me out
- loose joints — pop your funk
- alexander robotnick — problèmes d'amour
- barry waite & ltd — sting (part 1)
- nico — all tomorows parties
- arthur russel — indian ocean — schoolbell / treehouse
- rhythm based lovers — boogie vision
- sonny boy williamson — bye bye bird
- sylvester — i need somebody to love tonight
- bryan ferry — don't stop the dance
- brooklyn express — spank
- dinosaur — kiss me again
- michael jackson — thriller (slowed down)
- dire straits — sultans of swing (slowed down)
- howie b — under the boardwalk