On air : Monday 30.04 from 21h till 22h45
Tim Coppens is a Belgian fashion designer who currently lives and works in New York City.
He has his own Creative Platform and Fashion Brand which has received international acclaim.
As a Creative Director the energy of the city, street culture, as well as a pulse that feels both present and the future are sources of inspiration.
1. What was the first sound you remember?
Machinery in my grandfathers wood shop…
2. And the first sound that you recognized as music, never to leave your heart/head
Again? A couple things …. Rendez-vous by Pas de Deux, Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody, C in China…
3. What did you want to become as a kid?
4. Who do you look up to and why?
People that devote their life to helping others for all the obvious reasons
5. Who should play you in the movie about your life?
6. What annoys you the most? About others? About yourself?
Wasting time / Wasting time
7. Choose one superpower if you were a comic book hero?
8. What is your trademark joke or trick?
I am pretty serious…
9. Did video really kill the radio star?
10. Who are you favorite table guests, dead and/or alive?
Snoop dogg, Martha Stewart hosting / Biggie, Jamie XX, Jan Hoet, Kate Moss
11. Where would you rather be right now?
12. How close did you ever come to death?
Closer then I realized then
13. What is the craziest thing you ever saw on the internet?
Not impressed so far…
14. How often do you dance? Where and when?
Every day / With my son
15. Embrace Today! But what genuinely used to be better back in the days?
Not seeing a phone in front of everyone’s face every f***ing minute
16. What is your biggest achievement?
Always getting bigger..
17. What was your most shameful moment?
18. Are we alone in the universe?
19. Which habit do you want to kick?
Trump… It’s not a habit but would very much like to kick it…
20. What should they play at your funeral?
Something classic – opera would be appreciated, grand… i won’t be there so…..
- Jimi Hendrix - Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) // The beginnings…. a track on the first tape i bought on a market somewhere and played on my silver Realistic radio w K7 deck. Laila’s favorite
- Gil Scott Heron - New york is Killing me // not really.. but understand.
- Beastie Boys and Money Mark - Mark on the Bus // beastie boys were the embodiment of NY for me in the nineties… and Money Mark cruises majestically with them on the bus in this track
- The Pharcyde - drop // Labcabincalifornia an everyday album back then… also picked this for Spike Jonze doing the super cool video
- Biggie - Notorious Thugs // On a mixtape i bought first time in New York end 90’s.. Still relevant
- Metro Area - Miura // early am work out tunes #1
- Rhythim Is Rhythim - Strings Of Life // early am work out tunes #2…. AM Memories
- Kevin Saunderson - Big Fun / Simian Mobile Disco Remix // early am work out tunes #3
- Kenny Larkin - Q // always sharp
- Michael McDonald - I keep forgettin’ (everytime you’re near
- Fischerspooner - Emerge // pure anarchic energy
- Laurent Garnier - The man with the red face // classic
- Four Tet - Lion (Jamie XX remix)
- James Holden - Blackpool Late Eighties // dark monotonous, but perfect sound to walk NY at night
- Jai Paul - BTSTU
- A Tribe Called Quest - We The People // More then ever now !!
- Ghostface Killah - Nutmeg
- Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, James Blake - King’s Dead
- Beastie Boys - Ask for Janice
- Beastie Boys - Heart Attack Man (unplugged version) // hilarious ! the most contagious laugh
- UNKLE, Thom Yorke, Dj Shadow - Rabbit In Your Headlights // James Lavelle !
- Sébastien Tellier - Le Long de la rivière tendre
- John Coltrane - Central Park West // for Alix and Julian