Live from 21:00
Steven De Loenen
Born in Antwerp / Belgium
Graphic, 3D and motion designer since the late 1990’s.
Favorite kind of work: Video projections for live gigs, webanimation and design for new moviereleases, 3D design and modeling, artwork for music related stuff, personal projects.
Modest Beat maker.
Mostly HipHop and abstract electronica.
WHAT’S THE SHOW ABOUT:
A selection of favorite tunes, personal beats and influences,
with a strong love for hiphop / soul / jazz / abstract electronica / …
1 What was the first sound you remember?
I would like to think the sea, thunder or something cheesy romantic like that.
But It might have been an annoying mosquito as well,.
They always tend to find me.
2 And the first sound that you recognized as music, never to leave your heart/head again?
The first song I remember is ‘Come on Eileen’ by the Dexys Midnight Runners,
playing on the alarm clock in the morning.
But the first song/music never to leave my heart/head again would be:
Talking Heads – Stop making sense, the full album, artwork and movie experience.
Still moves me today.
3 What did you want to become as a kid?
A record sleeve designer
4 Who do you look up to and why?
Anyone chasing a dream
Anyone good at heart
5 Who should play you in the movie about your life?
One of my sons Miro or Anton.
6 What annoys you the most? About others? About yourself?
Others: 2 faced people
Myself: Being too critical.
7 Choose one superpower if you were a comic book hero?
Something with flying and if that’s not available, spiderman or silver surfer.
8 What is your trademark joke or trick?
9 Did video really kill the radio star?
10 Who are you favorite table guests, dead and/or alive?
A mixture of close friends and friends of friends.
11 Where would you rather be right now?
Here is fine.
12 How close did you ever come to death?
About 2 meters.
13 What is the craziest thing you ever saw on the internet?
Too grose to mention, but you’ve seen it too.
14 Do you dance to your own music? Why (not)?
No, because after hours working on it, it gets predictable.
14 How often do you dance? Where and when?
15 Embrace Today! But what genuinely used to be better back in the days?
Less stimuli and therefore more attention and time for detail.
16 What is your biggest achievement?
Making a living by staying curious
17 What was your most shameful moment?
I’m too ashamed to tell.
18 Are we alone in the universe?
19 Which habit do you want to kick?
Cursing in traffic.
20 What should they play at your funeral?
I haven’t decided yet.
- Bvdub - Nothing From No-one
- DJ Shon - Around the world
- B-Side & Philanthrope - Lonesome
- Four Tet - Two Thousand and Seventeen
- Yelloplastics - Royal Flush (vocal samples borrowed from Big Boi)
- DJ Shon - Can be dangerous
- Slugabed - Wazapiffpiff
- Anti-Pop Contortium - Fluorescent Black
- Yelloplastics - Kill time (vocal samples borrowed from Lil Wayne)
- Bahwee - Bittersweet
- Yelloplastics - Onesomerealshit (vocal samples borrowed from Daz & Rick Ross)
- Abhi /Dijon x Submerse - Yung
- Charlie Sloth feat. Lola Rae - Pull up on you
- Yelloplastics - Hipnotism
- Bahwee - Virginia
- Ivy Lab - Woodland Princess
- Haramia Tapes - Harper
- Hector Plimmer - Let's Stay
- Ametsub - I Am Not Into It If You Are Into It
- Yelloplastics - Access interior
- Elaquent feat. allie - Interference
- Harmonic 313 feat. Steve Spacek - Falling Away
- JJ DOOM - Retarded Fren
- Drake - Started From The Bottom
- Flako - Shipibo Icaro
- Deft - For Sudden
- Ta-ku feat. Jordan Rakei - Sunrise / Beautiful
- Dimlite - Kalimba Deathswamp/Kurt Feelings
- The Flashbulb - Hypothesis
- Flume feat. Chet Faker - Left Alone (Ta-Ku Remix)
- B.Lewis - Slow for You
- Alge - The Comedown
- Mim, Monet Dee & Stimpack feat. Jaw & Emma Lamadji - Karma
- Rival Consoles - Low
- Robot Koch - Glassdrops
- Chief - Pubby
- Bahwee - Chevalier
- Chester Watson - Phantom
- Yelloplastics - R.E.S.E.T
- Pete Rock - Questions
- The Four Owls - Assassination
- Constrobuz - Mie
- Yelloplastics - Black Rock
- Four Tet - Scientists
- bvdub - No One Will Ever Find You Here